SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for cosmetic part quality,
dimensional charting, paperwork completion, and submission of
molded component lots to Quality Assurance for final audit
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Performs start-up dimensions, as required.
* Packages and weighs the product and makes labels.
* Inspects parts visually and uses measuring tools; documents
results and ensures compliance to drawings and specifications;
performs testing of products, as required.
* Anneals products as required by the router; documents
information as outlined in the manufacturing process specification
* Reviews and Ssubmits daily lots to Quality Assurance for final
* Completes paperwork.
* Makes computer entries.
* Assists in the training of new Molding Operators, as
* Operates four or more molding machines, as required.
* Performs re-inspection, re-work, sorting and cleaning of
plastic parts, as requested.
* Ensures that work areas, machines and equipment are clean and
* Performs other duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may
* Visual acuity
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
* Chemical vapors
* Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school
* One year of manufacturing experience required.
* One year of molding experience preferred.
* Ability to read and understand written instructions.
* Ability to follow oral instructions.
* Ability to learn about and remember key information regarding
parts molded in the department.
* Detail oriented.
* Good manual dexterity and the ability to perform manual tasks
requiring some fine motor skills.
* Demonstrated human relations and effective communication
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word
processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* Computer skills
* Annealing documentation
Infectious Control Risk Category III:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely
to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing
their jobs. Risk category III states employment and procedures that
do not require exposure.
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical
devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people
who want to build something special through hard work, team effort,
and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives
of patients around the world.
As an eligible Merit employee, you can expect the following:
* Multiple Shifts and Hours to choose from: Days, Swing (Eve),
* Medical/Dental & Other Insurances (eligible the first of month
after 30 days)
* Low Cost Onsite Medical Clinic
* Two (2) Onsite Cafeterias
* Employee Garden | Gardening Classes
* 3 Weeks' Vacation | 1 Week Sick-Time | Paid Holidays
* 401K | Health Savings Account
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected