SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs any of a variety of medical assembly and processing
tasks as a production team member.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Assembles medical products on an assembly operation,
performing a variety of tasks on a rotating basis.
* Ability to rotate through the assembly line.
* Performs on-line and in-process visual inspection of products
to ensure specifications per work order and procedure are
* Assists Team Leader and Technicians with product and/or
* Ensures product assembled meets quality standards.
* Rejects product outside of specifications.
* Adheres to safety standards.
* May operate a variety of testing equipment required for
periodic product and process testing.
* Working overtime may be required for this position.
* Performs other related tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may
* Visual acuity
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
* Chemical vapors
* Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school
diploma or certificate of leaving (Ireland).
* Demonstrates competencies and ability to rotate in a specific
assembly line or work cell.
* Ability to perform a variety of assembly tasks requiring
dexterity and fine motor skills.
* Ability to visually check work performed and identify whether
a product has been assembled correctly.
* Ability to follow instructions in performing repetitive
* Attentiveness in performing tasks.
* Ability to work as a member of a team in assembling sterile
* Ability to meet line rate expectations.
* Three months of experience, preferably in manufacturing.
* Three to six months of longevity in the same company.
* Medical product assembly/eye-hand coordination
* Assembly line rotation
* Quality inspection
* Computerized test equipment operation
Infectious Control Risk Category III:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely
to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing
their jobs. Risk category III states employment and procedures that
do not require exposure.
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical
devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people
who want to build something special through hard work, team effort,
and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives
of patients around the world.
As an eligible Merit employee, you can expect the following:
* Multiple Shifts and Hours to choose from: Days, Swing (Eve),
* Medical/Dental & Other Insurances (eligible the first of month
after 30 days)
* No Cost Onsite Dental Clinic | Low Cost Onsite Medical
* Two (2) Onsite Cafeterias
* Employee Garden | Gardening Classes
* 3 Weeks' Vacation | 1 Week Sick-Time | Paid Holidays
* 401K | Health Savings Account
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected