Hours: 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm (Monday to Thursday)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs a variety of medical assembly and processing tasks as a
production team member.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Assembles medical products on an assembly operation,
performing a variety of tasks on a rotating basis.
* Ability to rotate through the assembly line.
* Performs on-line and in-process visual inspection of products
to ensure specifications per work order and procedure are
* Assists Team Leader and Technicians with product and/or
* Ensures product assembled meets quality standards.
* Rejects product outside of specifications.
* Adheres to safety standards.
* May operate a variety of testing equipment required for
periodic product and process testing.
* Performs other related tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may
* Visual acuity
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
* Chemical vapors
* Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school
diploma or certificate of leaving.
* Demonstrates competencies and ability to rotate in a specific
assembly line or work cell.
* Ability to perform a variety of assembly tasks requiring
dexterity and fine motor skills.
* Ability to visually check work performed and identify whether
a product has been assembled correctly.
* Ability to follow instructions in performing repetitive
* Attentiveness in performing tasks.
* Ability to work as a team member in assembling sterile medical
* Ability to meet line rate expectations.
* Six months of experience.
* Medical product assembly/eye-hand coordination
* Assembly line rotation
* Quality inspection
* Computerized test equipment operation
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. is a dynamic, progressive and
innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is
highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and
promotes them as standard business practice. Excellent compensation
and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was
founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief
Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets
single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating
cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in
introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through
its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in
injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its
proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire,
extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its
competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer
products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology
and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made
primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The
Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide,
utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the
remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 West Merit Parkway
(9800 South & Redwood Road)
SOUTH JORDAN, UT 84095
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical
devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people
who want to build something special through hard work, team effort,
and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives
of patients around the world.
As an eligible Merit employee, you can expect the following:
* Multiple Shifts and Hours to choose from: Days, Swing (Eve),
* Medical/Dental & Other Insurances (eligible the first of month
after 30 days)
* No Cost Onsite Dental Clinic | Low Cost Onsite Medical
* Two (2) Onsite Cafeterias
* Employee Garden | Gardening Classes
* 3 Weeks' Vacation | 1 Week Sick-Time | Paid Holidays
* 401K | Health Savings Account
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected