Physical Therapist Assistant
Company: University of Utah Health Care
Location: SOUTH JORDAN
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health
exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through
patient care, research and education. Success in this mission
requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and
respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed
to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation,
responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are
integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position is responsible for performing physical therapy
treatments under the direction of a licensed physical therapist to
include teaching the patient basic skills and ensuring successful
functioning at home and in the community.
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma
Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic
research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our
four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide excellence in our
comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient
- Implements physical therapy treatment programs as outlined by
care plan established by a physical therapist to improve the
patient's body functions and to relieve pain.
- Trains patient ambulatory skills through strengthening and
stretching exercises to improve their functional activity.
- Assists with instructing patients in the care and use of
braces, wheelchairs, crutches, canes, walkers, prosthetic devices,
bandages and other assistive devices.
- Adapts treatment procedures to the patient's specific daily
routine within the limits specified in the treatment plan.
- Consults with the physical therapist concerning the patient's
evaluation and progress.
- Assists the physical therapist in performing tests, evaluations
and complex treatment procedures.
- Communicates and interacts with other team members and the
patient's family and care givers.
- Formulates discontinuation of patient care and follow-up plans
under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Provides documentation of patient care in accordance with
- Schedules patient appointments and prioritizes case load.
- Maintains treatment area, equipment and supply inventory.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement projects.
- Directs the activities of aides and volunteers.
- Participates in activities such as departmental in-services,
conferences, staff and team meetings, continuing education courses,
clinics and research.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential
functions as outlined above.
- Ability to provide care to the population served.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth
and development and the ability to assess data regarding the
patient's status and provide care as described in the department's
policies and procedures manual.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication
- Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the
University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be
obtained within 30 days of hire.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring
- Current License as a Physical Therapist Assistant with the
State of Utah.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the
following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate working conditions in a
healthcare setting that may exert up to 50 pounds and may
consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or
otherwise moving patients or objects, such as medical equipment,
while providing patient care. Workers in this position may be
exposed to infectious diseases and may be required to function
around prisoners or behavioral health patients.
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision,
Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or
Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and
Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
Keywords: University of Utah Health Care, South Jordan , Physical Therapist Assistant, Other , SOUTH JORDAN, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!