Molding Operator I
Company: Merit Medical Systems Inc.
Location: South Jordan
Posted on: June 6, 2021
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position performs a variety of tasks and operates molding
equipment to produce quality molded plastic parts. Responsible for
overall product quality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Packages and weighs the product and makes labels.
- Inspects parts visually and using measuring tools; documents
results and ensures compliance to drawings and specifications;
performs testing of products, as required.
- Anneals products as required by the router; documents
information as outlined in the manufacturing process specification
- Operates more than one molding machine, as required.
- Performs re-inspection, re-work, sorting and cleaning of
plastic parts, as requested.
- Ensures that work areas, machines and equipment are clean and
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -Not to exceed 50 lbs. - local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
- Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school
- Three months of medical device manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Ability to follow oral instructions.
- Ability to learn about and remember key information about parts
molded in the department.
- Detail oriented.
- Good manual dexterity and the ability to perform manual tasks
requiring some fine motor skills.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication
- Ability to work overtime is required.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word
processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Computer skills
- Annealing documentation
Infectious Control Risk Category III:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely
to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing
their jobs. Risk category III states employment and procedures that
do not require exposure.
Keywords: Merit Medical Systems Inc., South Jordan , Molding Operator I, Other , South Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!