Director of Internal Communications
Company: Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
Location: South Jordan
Posted on: June 6, 2021
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for developing and implementing strategies and
programs to communicate the company's business objectives, mission,
vision, values and culture to its employees. Partners with
executive management, Human Resources and other departments to
plan, develop, implement, and evaluate internal communications
activities. Designs, edits and oversees distribution of internal
communication materials and develops standards and guidelines for
style and content. Provides guidance to executive management
regarding corporate announcements, while also evaluating fit with
the target audience to ensure comprehension.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Leads and/or coordinates all internal communications activities
for the company.
- Develops employee communication strategy by clearly outlining
purpose and intended audience and implementing in an understandable
and audience-appropriate format and style.
- Conducts audience segmentation as necessary and develops
appropriate targeting plans.
- Audits internal messages and communication materials by
reviewing appropriateness and developing innovative and relevant
methods for communication.
- Leads internal branding execution by linking to human resource
strategy and driving connection by employees to the company's to
Employee Value Proposition, in a cost-effective, measurable
- Develops effective and appropriate communication tools and
messages for managers and leaders, and crafts key messages and
broad internal correspondence for the CEO and other Senior Leaders,
that reflect each manager's and leader's individual style while
supporting a cohesive corporate communication package.
- Manages System internal communications related to crisis or
events and aligns with operational actions.
- May develop effective processes to manage department staff that
account for strategy development, media and tactic development and
- Provides support to the various areas of Human Resources in
communicating programs and changes as needed to ensure they work in
concert with Human Resources goals and objectives.
- Implements metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of
communications and communication plan delivery.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may
- Visual Acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree
in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Ten years of experience supporting and leading large components
of internal/external communications in a corporate setting.
- Experience in Internet-based communication tool evaluation,
design, implementation, and measurement.
- Experienced in managing outside agency/vendor
- Previous experience developing executive-level employee
communications, using various channels.
- Hands on experience partnering with senior executives to
develop presentations, videos, speeches and scripts.
- Significant project management experience. Able to manage
complex projects with multiple work streams simultaneously in a
- History of managing project interdependencies, timelines, and
resources to meet project deliverables within budget
- Effective written and verbal written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to be self-motivated
and detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word
processing, database and other
- applicable software programs.
- Prior Healthcare experience.
- Information communication
- Computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Project management skills
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a
strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family
friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard
business practice. Merit currently has an opening at its corporate
headquarters in South Jordan, Utah in our Operational Systems
Department. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be
offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987
by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets
single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating
cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in
introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through
its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in
injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its
proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire,
extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its
competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer
products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology
and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made
primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The
Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide,
utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the
remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 West Merit Parkway South Jordan, UT 84095
Keywords: Merit Medical Systems, Inc., South Jordan , Director of Internal Communications, Other , South Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!