Injection Mold Technician I - Night Shift ($21.50/hr) w/ experience
Company: Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
Location: South Jordan
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This position provides intermediate level of mold setup
services, detail and problem solving. Develops solutions and
alternatives to assigned molding problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Ensures valid processes on mold machines, auxiliary equipment,
- Ensures that correct materials are utilized, safety checks are
performed, and that room organization and cleanliness is
- Troubleshoots throughout the molding process to ensure maximum
machine utilization, production, and quality.
- Perform safety checks, cleaning of molds, greasing and other
various maintenance tasks.
- Reads blue prints, electrical schematics, hydraulic schematics
and ladder logic.
- Changes inserts and cores as required.
- Recommends improvements to molds and equipment.
- Trains molding operators in the safe operation of machines and
- Ensure that documents are filled out correctly.
- Stop production if there is a problem with the product,
personnel safety or potential damage to the equipment and/or tool
- Ensures that safety and housekeeping policies are
- Ensures the following:
- Engineering and maintenance standards and procedures are
- Molding MPS, GPS, QAP and standard operating procedures are
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and experience equivalent to a high school
- Four years of molding experience, with one of those years in
molding machine and tooling set-up.
- Ability to understand materials and processes, problem sources
and the correction required.
- Ability to learn about and remember key information about parts
molded in the department.
- Detail oriented.
- Good manual dexterity and the ability to perform manual tasks
requiring some fine motor skills.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication
Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word
processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Blue print/schematic comprehension
- Machine tool usage
- Equipment and component repair
- Equipment/tooling set-up/starting
- Mold cleaning/greasing/changes
- Mold insert and core changes
- Part documentation/maintenance
- Molded parts parameter processing
- Personnel training
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
- Soldering fumes
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987
by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets
single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating
cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in
introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through
its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in
injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its
proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire,
extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and
markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine
fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous
malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by
interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to
create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company
is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop
and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to
cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales
are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force.
The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide,
utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the
remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 Merit Parkway
(9800 South Redwood Road)
South Jordan, UT 84095
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Keywords: Merit Medical Systems, Inc., South Jordan , Injection Mold Technician I - Night Shift ($21.50/hr) w/ experience, Other , South Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!