Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
At Lumen our employees are our most valuable asset; many
employees have built successful careers at Lumen, growing with us
as we have expanded to serve new markets with new technologies. We
value the highest ethical standards applied to a positive work
environment and seek out people with new perspectives as we acquire
talent in careers that will support our continued growth.
Outside Sales Representative
Joining the Lumen Field Sales team is an excellent opportunity
for you to work in the competitive technology solutions
The Lumen Field Sales organization is comprised of our outside
sales teams and our account manager teams all of which work in our
local markets in a variety of consumer and small business sales
segments. You will have an opportunity to learn our dynamic
business and work with field based partners and resources. You will
work directly with our customers to provide solutions that improve
lives, strengthen businesses, and connect communities by delivering
advanced technologies and solutions with honest and personal
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base pay based on your experience and skills
- Generous sales incentives
- Paid training with travel to Denver, CO.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off & paid holidays
- Wellness rewards
- Discounts on Lumen and partner products and services
- 401(k) with company match (from day one)
- Tuition reimbursement (after three months of service)
- Exciting career opportunities and career development
Regular Full-Time employees are scheduled to work at least forty
(40) hours per calendar week for an indefinite period of time.
Salary Yearly Minimum: $27,516.00
Salary Yearly Maximum: $43,206.00
The Main Responsibilities
- Manage relationships and meet with assigned multi-dwelling
units (MDUs) in your territory.
- Build rapport, train, explain roles and responsibilities,
provide marketing material, seek out event opportunities to
increase penetration and generate revenue.
- Meet and exceed revenue and assigned strategic product unit
targets within assigned MDUs.
- Ensure compliance of agreements within assigned locations that
have an active Lumen marketing and partner agreements.
- Work closely with other channels in marketing Lumen's products
and services. Engage assigned locations in existing and new
programs offered by Lumen. Identify potential marketing and service
contract opportunities within assigned portfolio. Facilitate an
evaluation and advance the contract process.
- Become an expert in the competitive environment and be able to
communicate regarding competitive offerings while effectively
positioning Lumen as the best telecommunications choice for
- Identify opportunities for business referrals within assigned
- Participate in activities that promote Lumen products and
services, i.e., trade fairs, city events, etc.
- Build territory by distributing and maintaining current
- Probe and problem solve with customers to offer the right
product solutions based on their needs as customer interaction
opportunities present themselves.
- Meet monthly sales goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers, both
internal and external. Complete daily activity logs, sales reports,
- Manage mileage and expense reports.
- Maintain valid driver's license, adequate automobile insurance
coverage and must have appropriate working vehicle for
- Performance measures include revenue attainment, unit goal
attainment, penetration of customer base and customer
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 3 years outside sales experience preferred.
- Ability to achieve goals and determine priorities.
- Required to learn company rate plans and products: high-speed
internet, Satellite TV, residential telephone, and wireless.
- Required to work varying hours including weekends, evenings and
holidays. Relationship building skills are required for this
position with the ability to work with internal and external
clients at various levels.
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined and provide prompt
follow-up to all customer inquiries.
- Will build and maintain accurate and up-to-date strategic
- Must be able to keep organized, accurate records on daily
activities and results.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills are
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all aspects of computer work including internet
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to work independently and be able to effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products i.e., Word,
Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Daily work and tasks are subject to change.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record
Requisition #: 245992
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a
union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining
agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to
join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or,
(b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a
condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to
join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated
to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to
all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship,
national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability,
medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family
status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or
sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for
long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you
can view additional information here. We're able to answer any
additional questions you may have as you move through the selection
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a
broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits
and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and
financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job
based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the
job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on
individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors.
We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in
and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are
welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection