Sr. International Market Development Manager
Company: Merit Medical Systems Inc.
Location: South Jordan
Posted on: June 6, 2021
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for the creation, management, and
execution of strategic marketing and business plans in order to
achieve long term sustainable growth with an emphasis on select
markets and a portfolio of products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Leads the development and execution of marketing strategy,
plans, and forecasts.
- Responsible for profit/loss for assigned product lines and
families for international countries and markets.
- Shares in and help manage profit/loss with local leadership for
assigned countries and geographies.
- Performs complex market research functions-including the
collection, dissemination, and analysis of the industry, medical
procedures, competitor information, and market trends.
- Identifies and proposes new markets and growth opportunities as
part of a strategic business plan.
- Manages complex and extensive product portfolios, including
price analysis, new product launches, campaigns, etc.
- Answers product/market-related questions from Sales
- Works with International leadership to carry out special
assignments such as analysis of local business structure, direct
sales and distribution partnerships, local customs, healthcare
economics, etc. in order to provide context for change and
- Collaborates with the corporate marketing team and provides the
needed context and insights from international markets for
- Works with marketing communications and regional markets to
develop localized marketing collateral, digital, and web
- May manage department employees by interviewing, hiring,
coordinating work assignments, training, evaluating work,
disciplining, and other related duties.
- Leads or support the creation of Voice of Customer activities
- Creation of local customer engagement and advisory boards
- Collection of customer input on new trends, indications, and
- Collection and verification of input for existing R&D
- Creates a global KOL/speaker network and database for the area
- Develops customer segmentation and targeting plans by geography
and execute tactics accordingly.
- Creates and delivers sales force and distributor training
content and programs to increase revenue and profitability
- Product specification training
- Relevant procedural training
- Selling and cross-selling process (how to sell and with
- Features & benefit added values summary
- Related health economic factors which may influence decision
- Competitive landscape and objections handling
- Provides the international leadership team updates on sales
metrics and analysis of portfolio and objectives.
- Identifies relevant congresses, educational events, and other
opportunities to participate in industry educational events that
drive brand awareness, education, and ultimately product adoption
and revenue growth.
- Understands the competitive landscape and strategically distill
information back to internal customers.
- Perform all other duties, as needed.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree
in Marketing, Business or allied health (nursing, physician
assistant, technologist) or related field.
- Work-related experience equivalent to seven years of marketing
and/or sales experience in the medical device field.
- Understanding of and ability to execute strategic market
thinking including basic models such as S.W.O.T analysis and
principles of marketing.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, expertise, innovation,
vision, and company values.
- Global product launch experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at a variety of levels within
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal,
and communication skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to manage large and high priority projects efficiently
and effectively and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to prepare
professional written and oral presentations and market
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word
processing, database, and other applicable software programs.
- Travel approximately 40% of the time
- MBA, graduate-level education or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in medical devices, healthcare or pharma
- Product or project management experience.
- Brand/Portfolio management
- Strategic Marketing principles
- Market research/analyzing
- Team player
- Presentation skills - verbal and written
- Networking and Negotiation
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity
Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company
with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic,
family-friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as a
standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit
take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at
www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people,
Great products, Great Company". Merit currently has the above
opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and
benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ,
MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops,
manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for
diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit
has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative,
high-quality products through its expertise in new product design
and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics;
the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based
technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit
also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the
treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and
arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily
performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered
microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug
delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and
technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide
range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures
performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals
through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in
over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in
Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Keywords: Merit Medical Systems Inc., South Jordan , Sr. International Market Development Manager, Other , South Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!