AEMT/Medical Assistant (MA)-Urology South Jordan Health Center *MA BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION
Company: University of Utah Health Care
Location: South Jordan
Posted on: June 6, 2021
AEMT/Medical Assistant (MA)-Urology South Jordan Health Center
*MA BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Prepares patients for examinations and diagnostic procedures
according to clinic procedures such as recording temperatures,
pulse rate, blood pressure and responses to standardized medical
- Reports all observed patient concerns and changes in condition
to a licensed staff member.
- Performs Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
Waved Lab tests as identified by department and reports results to
the appropriate personnel. May perform patient phlebotomies in
accordance with clinic procedures and physician orders after
- Performs additional skills such as suture removal, straight
catheterization and injections (IM, Subq and intra-dermal).
- Acts as a chaperone for health care providers during patient
examination as requested and assists with procedures.
- Monitors and cleans assigned patient examination rooms, unit
areas and unit equipment reporting outdated supplies, stock levels
and restock set levels of items and necessary equipment
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the
direction of licensed staff schedules appointments, procedures and
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical
information in patient's records, locating and compiling department
charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering
charges for billing purposes.
- Attends and completes mandatory education including infection
prevention and control, safety, CPR, equipment usage and procedures
according to hospital and department policies.
- May apply leads and monitors for diagnostic procedures such as
EKG and ultrasound scan under the direct supervision of licensed
- May assist inpatient and family education by providing
educational material and general health information to patients and
- May assist with transportation of patients to ancillary
departments or inpatient units as directed by licensed staff.
- May instruct in Basic Life Support (BLS) requirements.
- May perform IV access.
- May perform other duties based on department assigned.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as
- Demonstrated phlebotomy skills.
- Demonstrated human relation and effective communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in the specific clinic's specialty
skills within six weeks of hire. *Specialty skills may not be
performed until after the new hire completed basic competency
- Incumbents face exposure to potentially dangerous contaminated
bodily fluids, blood, used needles and other contaminants as part
of the daily hazards of the job.
- Ability to withstand the physical demand of being on your feet
for long periods of time, of moving and lifting patients and of
reaching for and handling equipment.
- If candidate is not certified upon hire, they must have
completed an accredited Medical Assisting program before date of
- One of the indicated certifications must be obtained within six
months of hire.
- Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the
University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be
obtained within 30 days of hire.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring
- One of the following
- Current Advanced EMT certification with the State of Utah.
- Current certification to practice as a Paramedic in the State
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Currently credentialed in ABR-OE (Assessment-Based Recognition
in Order Entry) through AAMA.
- Current certification as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Current certification as a National Certified Medical Assistant
(NCMA) through NCCT.
- Current Clinical Medical Assistant Certification through
- Current certification as a NRCMA - Medical Assistant through
the National Association for Health Professionals.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with
or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate working conditions in a
healthcare setting that may exert up to 50 pounds and may
consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or
otherwise moving patients or objects, such as medical equipment,
while providing patient care. Workers in this position may be
exposed to infectious diseases and may be required to function
around prisoners or behavioral health patients.
Lifting, Listening, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking
Keywords: University of Utah Health Care, South Jordan , AEMT/Medical Assistant (MA)-Urology South Jordan Health Center *MA BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION, Other , South Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!