Company: University of Utah Health Care
Location: South Jordan
Posted on: June 10, 2021
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health
exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through
patient care, research and education. Success in this mission
requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and
respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed
to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation,
responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are
integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position ensures maximum effectiveness for the
organization's patient and customer service function by developing
and implementing training programs. The incumbent will create and
use relevant teaching techniques and suggest opportunities for
enhancement within existing customer service training programs.
This position plays a key role in preparing the organization's
employees to provide the exceptional patient experience. This
position has no responsibility to provide direct care to
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma
Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic
research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our
four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide excellence in our
comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Performs to required standards for job specific
responsibilities and technical competencies.
- Hiring, training, developing, and communicating with
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and achieving budget
- Manages labor and non-labor expenses to budget or flex
- Manages revenue to budget to maximize potential revenue.
- Responsible for patient satisfaction scores within assigned
- Responsible for upholding PROMISE standards of direct reports
and team members.
- Responsible to achieve quality goals for assigned area(s).
- Manages and promotes continuous process improvements in
- Responsible to provide staff feedback on performance, including
on-time appraisals and coaching.
- Responsible to deal with conflicts in a proactive manner and to
reach resolution in a timely manner.
- Forms positive relationships with staff, peers, and senior
leadership to support the mission, vision, values, and performance
standards of the organization.
- Actively engages staff with updates and news as well as
involving staff in decisions and work teams. Provides feedback and
recognition when appropriate.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Experience conducting adult education and demonstrated
teaching, coordination of resources, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of organizational development, change
management, leadership, organizational and group dynamics,
motivation theory and organization design, strategies, and business
- Excellent management consultation skills and ability to manage
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, and ability to teach
and support the instruction of the organizations computer systems
according to the assigned area of focus.
- Ability to determine the appropriate staff mixes to support
patient and customer needs.
- Knowledge of budgeting practices, reporting analysis and
- Bachelor degree in Health Care Administration, Business
Administration, or related area or equivalency.
- Four years of progressive management experience.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the
following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position in an office setting that may
exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise
move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and
is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Color Determination, Far Vision, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near
Vision, Sitting, Speaking, Standing
Keywords: University of Utah Health Care, South Jordan , Manager, Training, Other , South Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!