Licensed Medicare Agent - Base + Uncapped Commissions
Location: South Jordan
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Why Join SelectQuote
As an AEP Sales Agent at SelectQuote Senior, you'll receive
real-time, warm leads daily with ZERO cold calling. Using the
SelectQuote platform, you'll provide consumers with a variety of
Medicare product options, saving them time and money during the
Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) from October to
It's an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became publicly
traded in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in
American history. We've also been recognized nationally on the 2021
Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as
a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
We offer a competitive base pay ($18 an hour) and commissions
that result in a first-year target compensation of $70k. Many
Agents earn well above 100k, with some quickly reaching over 200k.
Last year, our top Sales Agent made close to $300k. Other
incentives include prizes, spot bonuses, and award trips. Don't let
the “sales” aspect scare you - many of our successful Sales Agents
had no prior sales experience. In fact, our top AEP Sales Agent two
years in a row had no sales background before joining
What We Offer:
- Unbiased comparison shopping - We represent over 25 A-rated
carriers that allow agents the flexibility of unbiased comparison
shopping to ensure we match customers with the products that meet
their needs. We offer Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage
plans, and an assortment of ancillary products, including dental
- All leads are provided – No cold calling or prospecting
- High earning potential – 1st-year average annual income is
$70k. Top agents make well over $200k annually.
- Ramping compensation includes competitive base pay ($18 an
hour) combined with training bonuses and commissions. Our ramping
compensation is extremely aggressive.
- Growth opportunities – We offer leadership development
training, and we promote from within for those employees seeking
career advancement between all three divisions, regardless of
- No prior Medicare sales experience required – We provide highly
compensated formal sales and insurance training to prepare you for
success in this role.
- Benefits – Full-time employees are eligible for medical,
dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long
term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death &
dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting
after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock
purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid
maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition
reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other
paid leaves vary based on work location.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Coachability & willingness to learn - You'll go through an
extensive training program to prep you about Medicare, sales, and
SelectQuote, so you need to be willing to absorb this information
and put it to use once you're on the phone, as well as be open to
constructive criticism about how to improve your process.
- Competitive personality & internal motivation - You need to
have the drive to overcome customer objections and compete with
yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals.
- Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with your
and your customer's time. Learn when to move on from a call and
when to continue the discussion. Be able to multitask and
manipulate multiple screens, including our software system, quote
engine, and carrier applications, while conversing with the
- Self-directed – Top remote agents are comfortable working
independently and communicating using virtual communication
- Positivity - It's important to be positive in this role and not
let your previous call affect your current or future calls. The
next call can be the one that gets you a sale!
- Flexibility - You need to be able to commit to high-volume
hours during peak season. Our agents make nearly ? of their income
during a 7-week period, and we need all hands on deck dedicated
during this time.
Training, Experience, & Necessities:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor's
- Life & Health resident insurance license - If you're not
already licensed, you must become licensed by a given
- Ability to complete AHIP and additional onboarding requirements
by a given deadline
- Hardwired high-speed internet connection with a minimum
download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps
- To be considered for a remote opportunity –
- Live in one of our remote states: AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO, DE, FL,
GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC,
ND, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
- Live 60+ miles away from one of our physical office sites
(Overland Park, KS, Centennial, CO, Des Moines, IA)
Keywords: SelectQuote, South Jordan , Licensed Medicare Agent - Base + Uncapped Commissions, Other , South Jordan, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!