As a part of our growth, LKQ is looking for a dedicated Cross
Dock Driver. The Cross Dock Driver will transport product between
locations. In this role you will be responsible for loading and
unloading the truck. The Cross Dock Driver will be responsible for
maintaining DOT driver logs as well as delivery/shipment logs and
credit memos. This role would require compliance with established
company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Drives truck to transfer product between locations,
wholesaler and drop box locations in outlying markets.
Transportation of product is usually made over long distances via
interstate, crossing state lines. Driver may operate within state
lines but product continues to travel outside state lines once
delivered to the location.
2. Picks up truck at the warehouse/cross dock and may load truck
according to safety standards and to ensure product integrity.
Verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other
paperwork associated with the delivery.
3. Drives to the destination and physically unloads the truck,
verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location
confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those
received, and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the
4. Makes proper notations on the manifest or provides credit
memos on parts being returned to the locations, wholesalers and
5. Picks up stock purchase orders or buy out purchase orders
from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and bring parts
back to the location.
6. Maintains all DOT driver logs of hours and related
7. Goes through check in process when returning to the location
to verify parts and paperwork.
8. May turn in all paperwork to the Accounting Department after
9. Complies with established company policies and
10. Initiate and support the continual improvement of Keystone
Automotive Industries' quality improvement system.
11. Assumes other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
* One year of commercial driving and warehouse related
experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties,
nature of work performed, procedures and work methods. * Accredited
commercial driving school certificate can be substituted for
experience * Forklift certified, beneficial. * Must be fully DOT
qualified, possess a valid driver's license with the proper
endorsement for driving a commercial vehicle of at least 10,001 lbs
or greater, and have an acceptable driving record. * Must meet the
Department of Transportation's testing and physical requirements. *
Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the state minimum age
requirement to operate a commercial vehicle.
* Must be able to apply knowledge of commercial driving
regulations and area roads. * Must be able to work in
cooperation with others. * Must be attentive to detail and ensure
accuracy in work assignments. * Must be able to communicate
effectively with others. * Must have the flexibility to work
variable schedules, including weekends. * Must be familiar with the
company's products, and warehouse methods, techniques and
Machines/Equipment: Forklift, order selector, pallet jack,
tow motor, pull cart, ladder, Company vehicle, personal computer
* This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their
feet except when operating machinery, or Company vehicle. * Should
not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of
heights. * They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk,
push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds
regularly. * They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and
withstand heights of more than 15 feet.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office
environment. * Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature
levels, and occasional inclement driving conditions. * The employee
is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. * The
noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Preferred Qualifications: High School graduate or G.E.D.
equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired.
Decision Making Examples:
* Ensure truck is always operated in a safe manner * Ensure
safety of loading and unloading truck * Verifies condition of
truck, assess for any needed repairs
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance * Paid Time Off * 401k with
Generous Company Match * Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term
Disability * Short Term Disability * Employee Assistance Program *
Tuition Reimbursement * Employee Discounts ?
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected